Home » 🛸 Course Map đź—ş » 🤔 What do I have to do every week for this class?

🤔 What do I have to do every week for this class?

🧠 Engage with the Module:

• Every week we will start a new module. Each module will focus on one topic (ex: bias in science, accessibility issues in engineering, algorithmic oppression) and one composition/rhetoric theory.
  • Each module contains one or two “texts” and a brief video explanation by me. Please read/listen/view everything.

đź“ť Public Reflection:

• Write a reflection in response to the week’s module in the comment section. Approx 150 words (https://wordcounter.net/).
  • Your reflection is visible to your classmates and to me, so consider your audience (*rhetoric*)
  • The last part of the module will say what to reflect on. There is no need to summarize the contents of the module.
  • It’s okay if you don’t understand, disagree with the reading, or need clarifications. If you feel that way, other students probably do as well. Please write this so I can address it with everyone — it’s how we learn.
  • Please post your reflection by Monday 11:59pm (there’s no penalty if you don’t/can’t)

đź—“ Weekly Curiosity Journal:

• DM me on Slack before the following Tuesday informally responding to the following: any concepts from the module you found interesting, questions you might have, connections you’re seeing with your own research interests, frustrations, confusion, etc. This is a conversation with me, I just want to make sure you’re doing okay.

Course Info

Professor: Andréa Stella (she/her/hers)

Email: astella@ccny.cuny.edu

Zoom: 4208050203

Slack:engl21007spring22.slack.com/